test test

Monday, December 29, 2014

have a safe flight, air asia QZ8501...

My thoughts and prayers go to all passengers onboard Air Asia QZ8501.....

I was terrified and cringed when one by one friends and patients told the story about their missing family, friends, relatives, beloved people who were on board yesterday.
The plane took off from my hometown, Surabaya, and it's a very very common route....  It's only Surabaya-Singapore.....
Plus, it's a good airline with good safety protocol.....
I travelled a lot with this QZ 8501, with also Capt. Iriyanto as a pilot.... This flight is so common.... I can be one of the passengers, or my relatives.... Oh dear God, how can it be.... how can it be....

Since last week, my patients had already talked about their holiday destination with their family. And Singapore was still the most favourite after Bali. I was looking for Surabaya-Singapore flight with Air Asia since I planned to take my parents for year end holiday surprise. I need 5 seats, but only 2 seats available at that time for 28th. And it was still October when I tried to book this flight. All 28-29-30 December's flight was not available. All was full booked. So I cancelled my Singapore trip and plan to visit my grandma instead.

What a tragic, it happened right in holiday season, when people plan to travel with their family for holiday. And Singapore is still the most favourite holiday destination for Surabaya people. It's very near, only 2 hrs flight, child and family friendly, and Air Asia is still a favourite airline. They normally take off at 7.30am, not as early as China Airlines 6am. And also not as pricey as Garuda Indonesia which has the same time schedule. But as I fly a lot with this airline, they sometime do reschedule. So maybe that's why the QZ8501 took off at 5.30am, not at 7.30am as usual...

Actually I couldn't sleep well the night before. I was widely awake until 3 or 4am. I read books, tried to sleep, worked with some of my patients' cases, tried to sleep again but still couldn't, watched tv, then I fell asleep for a while.... I wake up after a nightmare and I couldn't sleep again. I don't expect that I will get a sad news in the morning about Air Asia QZ8501. My heart bleed even more when I read the manifest list. Some people that I know.... Relatives of friends.... Relatives of patients..... May God always be with them, bless them, wherever they are. 
 
Dr. Jerry, my very good colleague from Singapore, and some of dentist colleagues abroad texted me right after the news spread on media. They immediately thought of me when the tragedy happened. Thanks Jerry and friends, you're so thoughtful, really.



That is why "HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT" mean so much. You might lost your loved one in just a moment....  Life is so fragile, isn't it?

Now, we only can hope for a miracle. Dear my friends and patients, my prayer always be with you and your missing relatives on board. May God always be with you and protect you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments here